This was entered as a Writely document (now part of Google Docs), to test Writely’s ability to post to my blog.
It can! However, the following features don’t work right:
- it can’t unpublish the entry
- posting updates adds an entry instead of updating the original one
- when I finish editing this document, then edit again, it doesn’t seem to know that it’s been posted to the blog. It would be nice if it kept that history (which would probably require fixing the previous two problems).
The entries themselves have some problems:
- no title
- they are not tagged (they default to the General tag, instead of picking up the tag I assigned on Writely)
- the “comment” link (under the entry) and the “view” link (on the admin pages) don’t work. The relative url of the entry was /2006/08/30//. There should be an entry name between the last two slashes…
In summary, Writely might be a nice editor to use in place of the built-in blog editor, if these problems are fixed…